Machineyard.com.ng – Our client, a multinational construction company based with extensive operations in the East, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Condition Monitoring Engineer
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job type: Full-time
- Prepare, plan & schedule the yearly program for all condition monitoring techniques under his responsibility.
- Evaluate data and findings, take actions and inform his superior if a condition is in a critical situation. Coordinate third party services for special monitoring techniques.
- Owns quality & timeliness aspect of condition monitoring activities on rotating Machine Trains as per relevant applicable procedures and ensures compliance and implementation of the developed procedures in totality.
- Create and revise in a yearly bases the condition monitoring chart and the yearly program centralizing the information in the condition monitoring work-load balancing sheet.
- Optimize and balance the workload for each week of the year
- Participate in weekly planning meetings as well as in the mayor shut-down meeting to coordinate jobs with other departments
- Plan, schedule and execute the condition monitoring measurements giving high priority to critical equipment. Assure condition monitoring measurements after a machine repair, before the start up. Upload the data, generate trends, analyse the data and generate conclusions. Inform his superior about critical situations.
- Generate notifications. Supervise condition monitoring executed by specialized third party services and assure that measurements and conclusions are correctly made.
- Follow and report monthly the main findings, generate third party services contracts and together with purchasing looks for the best TCO.
- Optimize in a yearly base the preventive maintenance program.
- Creates/optimize procedures, documentation to assure the quality of the job and reduce time needed for the inspection
- Establish the training needs based on the company skill matrix for a given role
- Performs periodic thermographic surveys on rotating and static machines with thermal profile peculiarities, analyzing thermograms and preparing detailed reports showing areas with anomalies and remedial recommendations.
- Performs other duties such as maintaining work records and maintenance repair history logs, attending regular meetings with Maintenance Engineers.
- Maintains close communication with planning and mechanical execution areas.
- Minimum of first degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering fields.
- CMRP/CMRT certification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of CAT 2 certification in vibration analysis, thermography and oil analysis (MLA 1or 2)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in fieldwork including Rotating machines engineering, Equipment maintenance, condition monitoring and balancing in cement, refinery, power or heavy process plant.
- Knowledge of gearboxes, transmissions, welding techniques, lubrication, and mechanical non-destructive testing.
- Adequate Knowledge related to equipment function & maintenance (Crusher, Stacker, Reclaimer, Raw mill, Belt Conveyors & Aux. Equipments)
- Good knowledge of Machinery Condition Monitoring technologies and maintenance philosophies.
- Ability to troubleshoot and determine corrective actions.
- Highly Proficient in the application of Vibration Analysis, Precision Laser alignment, multi-dimensional rotor dynamic balancing, Thermographic inspections and Ultrasonic Testing
- Hands-on capability in the utilization of condition monitoring applications and hardwares such as Emerson-AMS Machinery Health Management softwares and CSI2140 Vibration Data Collector.
- Good knowledge of Enterprise Asset Management tools
- Highly Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent Problem solving and brainstorming aptitude
- Effective communications and ability to foresee the situation.
- Good knowledge of machinery condition monitoring technologies and maintenance philosophies.
Application Closing Date
The post Condition Monitoring Engineer at Machineyard.com.ng appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.