Canaan Solicitors (formerly known as Adegbite Stevens & Co.), is modern and dynamic legal practice based in Nigeria. Established in 1997 by a crop of young, experienced and enterprising professionals. The corporate ideal of the firm is to provide prompt, efficient and qualitative legal services to our clients in line with modern trends. The firm is principally commercial oriented, but it is also involved in various other spheres of legal practice ranging from family law, property law, criminal and civil matters, investment law and litigation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager / Client Service Executive
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
- Canaan Solicitors is seeking a full-time experienced business professional to serve as a Business Development Manager.
- This position requires tactical support of several of the Firm’s practice groups, development of RFP and Pitch materials, and collaboration with the Business Development Team members, and other firm business professionals to ensure the execution of the group’s business development with firm-wide priorities.
- Provide Business Development support to the lawyers in assigned groups and in the process facilitate cross marketing referral and other business development initiative
- Help lawyers execute best practice based pitch and proposal materials in the pursuit of new business
- Develop marketing and pitch materials, including Capabilities Statements, Brochures, and Web content
- Compile transactions and case description for use in proposals and responses to RFP’s Draft original text for client proposals with attention to crafting narrative formats that are consistent across practice groups, craft specific answers to uncommon RFP questions, draft exclusive summaries and introductions. Edit standard content to answer questions in a strategic, dynamic and directly responsive manner.
- Work with the practice group leaders and individual attorneys to implement practice specific business development plans
- Responsible for continued evaluation of existing marketing and business development plans and tracking ROI of initiatives to ensure funding and time investments are appropriately allocated.
- Utilize the firm’s research processes, resources, and tools to provide actionable business intelligence to practice areas and departments. This may include but is not limited to prospect research, industry or geographic research and competitive analysis at the practice area level.
- BA required. Major in English, Marketing Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing or a similar discipline plus LAW.
- A minimum of Six (6) years of experience in business development of marketing in a professional services sector with prior Law Firm experienced highly desired
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite to include MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- The ideal candidate must have solid experience in Business Development and stratefy experience in the service sector
- The ideal candidate must have experience in social media, graphics designs and must be IT savy
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills
- Proven project management, organizational and planning skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to deal professionally with both internal and external clients on all levels
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing with both internal and external clients and to diplomatically seek more clarity of information from those in authority, if needed.
- Proven ability to concentrate on the details of executing projects
- Ability to work well under pressure with flexibility and adaptability t changing work flow and work assignments
- Proven ability to think creatively, using good judgment and decision-making capabilities.
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2020.
Pls find the link to the original article below
Business Development Manager / Client Service Executive at Canaan Solicitors
Techylawyer and its authors do not claim to have written this article, we acknowledge the works of the original author