Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Gashua, Yobe
Duration: 12 months renewable
Starting Date: September 2020
- COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014 to carry out a rapid evaluation of the most relevant constraints suffered by the Internally Displaced People (IDPs) displaced by the food crisis and the Boko Haram insurgency in the Lake Chad Basin.
- COOPI’s aim is to support the most basic and pressing needs of communities affected by the conflict. COOPI is providing a multi-sectoral emergency response to the IDPs, returnees and host population focused on food security, nutrition, protection and education. COOPI main area of intervention is Yobe State but we are also present in Borno state.
- COOPI is looking for a Project Manager in Nigeria
Scope of the Vacancy
The Project Manager:
- Is responsible for the overall activities’ planning, execution and reporting of the Early Recovery and Resilience building project;
- Is directly assigned to, and responsible of the supervision of all logistics, HR, financial and overall functioning aspects for his projects.
Supervision and coordination:
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission and in link with the Program Development Officer, he / she provide overall managerial oversight to the Early Recovery and Resilience building project and support project implementation team;
- To ensure cross departmental coordination including consortium partners’ components such as conflict management, peace building and livelihoods;
- Work with consortium lead and partners to maintain and update project implementation plan;
- Supervises the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the staff; monitors the accuracy and efficiency of activities;
- Prepares all the formal communication and contract modification requests (ex. budget modification) of the project;
- Ensure compliance with the fund and timely fulfilment of project’s reporting requirements;
- Executes any other task necessary to good and timely completion of the projects, identified in mutual agreement;
- Put in place and follow in accountability and beneficiaries feedback mechanism;
- Follows and enforces all COOPI codes of conduct and policies (globally and in-country);
- Ensure smooth management of COOPI base in Gashua, Yobe state.
Admin / Finance / M&E:
- In cooperation and synergy with the project staff, plans and monitors the social protection, livelihoods, conflict management & peace building activities’ progress, in compliance with the donor regulations, Consortium lead and COOPI’s procedures, and with the specific Project Structure and Reporting Lines definition, making use of the financial instruments provided by the organization;
- In collaboration with the Administrative and the Logistics team, plans and monitors the expenditures in line with the project’s implementation needs;
- In cooperation with the M&E team, finalizes the data provided by his/her team, supports the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of the narrative reports expected by the donors and by the partners;
- Work closely with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor hired by lead consortium partner that to ensure oversight for all monitoring and evaluation across all activities and implementation;
- In coordination with the Administrative team, supports in hiring of new staff directly related to the project and conducts staff appraisals Upholds COOPI’s mission and Charter of Values.
- Represents COOPI with the local / state authorities, consortium lead and partners.
- Laisse with logistics / procurement team to ensure the goods purchased for the project;
- Support updates of the inventory and guarantee the respect of the policies and guidelines, in cooperation with the Logistics Office.
- Ensure safety of staff and beneficiaries and work closely with COOPI Security Officer and Logistic team;
- Work closely with Social Protection expert to drive critical assessment during inception phase including baseline, market and value chain assessment and mapping exercises;
- Performs any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Humanitarian / Development Studies / Social Sciences or any related field;
- At least 10 years of working experience in / with INGO on Social Protection, Conflict Management & Peace Building and Livelihoods / FSL area;
- Experience managing social protection and livelihood development activities as a+;
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict / post conflict development contexts;
- Expertise in sustainable livelihoods, safety nets programs, in particular: data collection, analysis, and report writing including post-distribution monitoring (PDM);
- Excellent in written and spoken English;
- Demonstrated success in community resilient programs and technically sound in Cash transfers, capacity building and other social protection components;
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, Power point, Emails, Skype, Web researchers);
- Knowledge of and adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct, understands other international development guidelines.
- Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and reports effectively;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
- Team player, effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner,and able to work in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of working in inter-cultural environment;
- Proven commitment to accountability practices;
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2020.
The post Project Manager at Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.
Pls find the link to the original article below
Project Manager at Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI)
Techylawyer and its authors do not claim to have written this article, we acknowledge the works of the original author