Brookstone is a full-service real estate development company. We specialize in the entire lifecycle of a real estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management. We leverage 25+ years of management experience to deliver best in class development services within our projects. Our principals’ track record includes residential, commercial and retail across various markets in Nigeria and valued at over $400M. We use a yield driven approach to achieve a development’s highest and best use. At Brookstone, our focus is maximizing shareholder value while achieving unparalleled client satisfaction.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: 3 Okotie Eboh Street Ikoyi – Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an experienced organized Senior Accountant to join our growing team at our company.
- The candidate will be responsible for driving the company’s accounting functions and will analyse complex financial records and reports, regulate and authenticate financial transactions, maintain a ledger to ensure effectiveness and accuracy of all accounting tasks, balance accounts, confirm and verify bank statements on behalf of the company.
- Candidate should possess experience in using electronic ledger systems. You should have sound analytical skills and advanced skills in using Microsoft Excel. Additionally, you will need a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures including preparing month-end reports and financial forecasts, experience in collaborating and/ or managing a team of Accountants and Junior Accounts.
- You need a bachelor’s degree in accounting but typically a master’s degree or extensive experience in the financial field.
- The candidate will ensure that there are accuracy and effectiveness in all our accounting tasks.
- The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the Finance Department and help the company grow its financial strength, controls, and prowess in order to ensure long term financial health and success.
- Create and analyze liability, asset, and capital accounts by compiling electronic data and required documentation
- Summarize and prepare financial status and transactions reports, including a profit and loss statement, and other necessary reports
- Comply with all federal, state, and local protocols including legal requirements, and interpret new and existing legislation
- Create a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for accounting policy and regulations, and roll out reconciliation procedures
- Monitor and maintain a new audit system by implementing new policies and procedures in the finance department
- Guide junior accountants and other staff by answering questions and coordinating informational classes
- Focus on tax compliance, state business registration, contract review, and non-profit tax filing
- Play a vital part in the company’s financial management which includes all account reconciliations and reporting to necessary parties
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. ICAN, ACCA, CIMA or CPA) will be preferred
- 7-15 years work experience.
- Involvement in business registration, tax compliance and creating, distributing, and reporting tax datasheets
- Seven years’ experience working with intercompany transactions and reconciliation in preparation for audit
- Working knowledge of non-profit tax filing and tax compliance as it pertains to state and federal level regulations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a leadership role and supervise subordinates
- Experience in budget creation for your own department to coordinate team training and certifications
- Thorough understanding of financial application security ensuring that all financial data is secure and complies with confidentiality policies
- Required knowledge of Sage, Peachtree, Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, , and other applications related to finance and accounting
- Must be an outstanding communicator, and have established skills in accuracy, organization, and working in a high-volume environment
- Demonstrated ability to support all other departments within the company and coordinate training and information sessions
- Proven experience as a Financial Controller, Accounting Supervisor, Chief or Senior Accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experiences with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2020.
Pls find the link to the original article below
Senior Accountant at Brookstone Property Limited
Techylawyer and its authors do not claim to have written this article, we acknowledge the works of the original author