John Snow, Incorporated (JSI) – We are public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and health outcomes for all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TB M & E Resident Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Position Category: Local hire, paid in-country
Starting Date: 12/28/2020
- Tuberculosis Data, Impact Assessment, and Communications Hub (TB DIAH) is a five-year Associate Award funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- The objective of TB DIAH is to ensure optimal demand and analysis of both routine and non-routine TB data for decision-making and their appropriate use to support interventions, policies, and performance management of national governments, ministries of health, national TB programs, USAID and other stakeholders.
- TB DIAH is implemented by the Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina (UNC) at Chapel Hill and sub-recipient John Snow Inc. (JSI).
- The Resident Advisor / Team Leader will work in close collaboration with USAID / Nigeria, USAID TB implementing partnering, the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program (NTBLCP), and their sub-national counterparts as well as relevant TB stakeholders to improve the performance of the TB monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and surveillance system in Nigeria.
- The Advisor will work as part of a team to identify gaps in TB strategic information (SI) and reporting gaps and provide technical assistance to support NTBLCP / STBLCP, IPs and USAID / Nigeria.
- In collaboration with other TBDIAH teams, the Resident Advisor will provide leadership and technical support to the IPs, NTBLCP and their sub-national counterparts with the analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of TB-related data, that will facilitate decision making among USAID stakeholders.
- The Resident Advisor will be responsible for oversight, coordination, and implementation of TB DIAH activities to assist NTBLCP to complete the transition from a paper-based to an electronic TB-management information system (MIS) and improve the capacity of NTBLCP / STBLCP to use data for decision-making at all levels.
- The Resident Advisor will be the main point of contact for TB DIAH in Nigeria and will coordinate TB DIAH activities and communication with the USAID Mission, implementing partners, and NTBLCP. The Resident Advisor will lead the team of TBDIAH experts in Nigeria. Her/his specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with technical program experts from implementing partners, NTBLCP and their sub-national counterparts to analyze, interpret and disseminate TB-related data that will facilitate decision making among TB stakeholders, especially USAID / Nigeria and the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Assess the current TB M&E and surveillance system.
- Assess TB’s M&E capacity (i.e., skills, motivations, data use needs, gaps, weaknesses, bottlenecks, and data collection and reporting capacity for essential prevention, diagnosis, and treatment cascades) at various levels (i.e., central, provincial, and operational district).
- Develop a roadmap with the goal of making the electronic TB-MIS the official reporting system.
- Conduct an NTBLCP – level training of trainers (TOT) on TB M&E, surveillance, and use of data for decision making.
- Oversee and coordinate the TBDIAH work plan and activities in Nigeria.
- This consultancy will be from January 2021 to December 2021 pending project approval.
The following qualifications are required:
- Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or a related Social Science field is required and treatment cascades) at various levels (i.e., central, provincial, and operational district). science field is required. Applicability of the field of study to international TB, Epidemiology is preferred. A degree in clinical medicine preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant experience in TB disease surveillance strengthening, TB
- data collection and reporting, data quality and surveillance program improvements, with at
- least five (5) years’ experience in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated experience working with NTBLCP and other infectious disease control programs in developing countries.
- Sensitivity toward cultural diversity and an ability to work across various sub-group of people in Nigeria
- Ability to work independently, lead, and manage multiple activities.
- Ability to work effectively with TB DIAH project staff, USAID, implementing partners, other donors, and international organizations.
- Availability to travel within Nigeria.
- Strong interpersonal, diplomacy, organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Working proficiency in English.
- Consultant must be based in Nigeria
Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
24th December, 2020.
The post TB M & E Resident Advisor at John Snow, Incorporated (JSI) appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.
Pls find the link to the original article below
TB M & E Resident Advisor at John Snow, Incorporated (JSI)
Techylawyer and its authors do not claim to have written this article, we acknowledge the works of the original author