The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In early 2014, IRC opened a field office in Mubi town of Adamawa state in NE Nigeria followed by offices in Yola (Adamawa state) in November 2014 and Maiduguri (Borno state) in October 2015. The IRC Nigeria country program is implementing multi-sectoral interventions in the sectors of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment; Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection. Most of these programs are driven in partnership with strategic local NGOs.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: WASH M & E Officer
Reference No.: req10864
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Sector: Environmental Health
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Yes
Job Overview / Summary
- The purpose of the M&E Officer position is to coordinate the collection, compilation, consolidation and analysis of data to track programs/ projects activities, monitor progress and support impact measurement.
- She / he will also conduct development research, engage in reflective practice and generate lessons from projects/program and prepare M&E plans for the sector or EH.
- She / he is responsible for establishing and ensuring better data management systems for the core program s/he assigned for and coordinates the proper and timely evaluation of project objectives/impact. She / he will supervise, coach, and mentor the EH Assistant M&E Officer/s.
- She / he will ensure the existence of accountability mechanisms and devise a strategy for program staff participation in M&E activities. The position holder will closely work with front line staff and volunteers.
- She / he also will work closely with the M&E unit on technical matters and reports to the M&E Manager and will have dotted line relation with the EH managers.
- Participate in program/ project design specially in developing logframes;
- Design, develop and continuously update project M&E, and impact measurement tools and systems on timely fashion;
- Develop and make sure all the projects in the sub-sector has tested monitoring tools that capture both program activity and indicators progresses;
- Take part in diagnostic studies, evaluations and surveys;
- Organize periodical ongoing sector level review, reflective practice, evaluation and progress monitoring events by involving communities and local partners;
- Organize panel monitoring and/or similar M&E events to ensure accountability to the target community, with relevant stakeholders including communities and ensure their dissemination to concerned parties;
- With support from the M&E Manager Adamawa and M&E Coordinator, establish and maintain project level information management system;
- Design a strategy to collect filed level information required by IRC, donors and/or stakeholders;
- Proactively ensure networking and sharing of lessons from the core program with strategic partners and other stakeholders including government;
- Ensure that learning from previous projects is incorporated into project design where applicable;
- Coordinate synergy and cross-learning among different projects and programs;
- Cross fertilize learning among projects by regularly producing (compiling) summary monitoring reports and sharing to staff and partners.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: M&E Manager, and EH Manager
- Position directly supervises: M&E Manager, and EH Manager
- Indirect Reporting: Senior EH & M&E Manager
- Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
- M&E Unit and EH sector
- IRC Partners
- Degree / Diploma in Statistics, Computer Science / IT or any sector or sub-sector related field
- Excellent computer skills are required (particularly Microsoft Excel, Access and Word);
- At least two year experience working in monitoring and evaluation preferred;
- Strong data collection, analysis, and report writing skills required;
- Ability to work independently, think analytically and take initiative in solving problems;
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively;
- Familiarity with logframe analysis and M&E plan;
- Experience in conducting assessment;
- Desirable – Working with highly vulnerable and displaced people would be added advantage;
- Good verbal communication skills in local languages and working knowledge of English;
- Most importantly, commitment to IRC values and principles;
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with groups of diverse backgrounds.
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Application Closing Date
The post WASH M & E Officer at the International Rescue Committee (IRC) appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.
Pls find the link to the original article below
WASH M & E Officer at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Techylawyer and its authors do not claim to have written this article, we acknowledge the works of the original author