Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) / CECAP Officer
Location: Akwa Ibom
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and Cervical cancer program officer will serve the point of contact for RISE Akwa Ibom. In close working relationship with PrEP and CECAP Advisor, H/She will design, coordinate, and implement the scale-up of oral PrEP at the state, LGA, and site levels.
- The incumbent will provide technical assistance and support to state-level efforts led by the SMOH in coordination with other implementing partners and stakeholders.
- S/he will promote and ensure proper integration of PrEP with other activities particularly those related to HIV Testing services, reproductive health, family planning, and tuberculosis.
Required Qualifications/ Knowledge, Skills, and Experiences
- Advanced (Masters minimum) degree in Public Health, International Health or an advanced clinical degree in Nursing or Medicine
- A minimum of 4 – 6 years experience in a related role.
- Experience managing and providing technical expertise to a large HIV prevention, testing and treatment portfolio
- Skilled in HIV prevention, HIV testing and counseling, HIV care and treatment, quality improvement and monitoring and evaluation for HIV programs, and provision of integrated care including TB/HIV, cervical cancer screening and treatment services for women living with HIV, etc.
- Demonstrated experience training clinical or community-based healthcare workers on CECAP, PrEP, and other HIV prevention areas
- Proven skills in training, facilitation, team building, and coordination
- Strong change management, results-oriented, and decision-making skills
- Strong technical capacity to support service delivery
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the state healthcare system, particularly the public health system
- Familiarity with MOH and USAID’s administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems, PEPFAR experience highly preferred
- Advanced (Masters minimum) degree in public health, international health or an advanced clinical degree in nursing or medicine
- At least 3-5 years’ experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in HIV prevention
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in implementing and/or providing technical assistance within a donor-funded project of at least $5M per year
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite
Application Closing Date
Close of Business Monday 12th October, 2020
The post PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) / CECAP Officer at Jhpiego Nigeria appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.