Bryan Bedder/Getty Images/The New York Times
- Billionaire Bill Ackman’s portfolio was up 42.4% at the end of July, outperforming the broader market through the same time period.
- In the second quarter that ended in June, Ackman trimmed his portfolio to a small group of seven stocks, dropping Berkshire Hathaway, Park Hotels & Resorts, and Blackstone.
- Here are the seven stocks that remain in Ackman’s market-beating portfolio.
- Read more on Business Insider.
After a solid start to the year, billionaire investor Bill Ackman’s concentrated portfolio has continued to outperform the broader market, even as it rebounded from the coronavirus pandemic meltdown.
Pershing Square Holdings had a net gain of 42.4% at the end of July, according to a monthly portfolio report. In the same time period, the S&P 500 gained only 1.2%.
Some of the portfolio’s outsized returns came after Ackman reworked his portfolio in the second quarter, which ended in June. According to a recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Ackman slashed three stocks from his portfolio in the last quarter, trimming it to a tight group of seven companies from 10.
Read more: ‘Unintended detrimental consequences’: A former Wall Street chief strategist says the Fed has driven flimsy stock-market highs that will come crashing down — and warns bullish day-traders will be futile to stop it
The investor and long-time Warren Buffett fan dumped all of his 5.5 million shares of Berkshire Hathaway in the second quarter, the SEC filing showed. He also exited much smaller positions in Blackstone and Park Hotels & Resorts.
Here are the seven holdings in Bill Ackman’s $7.8 billion portfolio at the end of the second quarter, according to data from the SEC and GuruFocus.
- Ticker: LOW
- Pershing portfolio value: $1.7 billion
2. Restaurant Brands International
- Ticker: QSR
- Pershing portfolio value: $1.3 billion
3. Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Ticker: CMG
- Pershing portfolio value: $1.2 billion
4. Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Ticker: A
- Pershing portfolio value: $1.1 billion
5. Hilton Worldwide Holdings
- Ticker: HLT
- Pershing portfolio value: $1 billion
6. Starbucks Corp.
- Ticker: SBUX
- Pershing portfolio value: $746 million
7. Howard Hughes Corp.
- Ticker: HHC
- Pershing portfolio value: $567 million
Source: These are the only 7 stocks in billionaire Bill Ackman’s market-beating portfolio
By email@example.com (Carmen Reinicke)
Techylawyer and its authors do not claim to have written this article, we acknowledge the works of the original author