International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Training Controller – Packaging
Location: Ilesa, Osun
Employment Type: Full time
- Are you ready to accept the Challenge? A great career opportunity exists for a highly skilled and result driven Training Controller, reporting to the Packaging Manager.
- The role is based in Ilesa Plant. The role is responsible for providing specialised and effective training and development service & solution to the Packaging team, focusing on skills acquisition and performance.
Duties and responsibilities
Initiate the training and development process:
- Get relevant input for training buckets, this is taken from Team room discussions, ITF, Annual Training Plan and all other problem solving discussion i.e. 5 Why’s, abnormality reports and walkabout
- Collaborate with People Manager and Training Specialist regarding activities on site
- Engage with L&D Specialist regarding suitable solutions where the training solution does not exist/not part of the Annual Training Calendar
- Consolidate departmental training needs by reviewing L&D inputs e.g. PDP as input to the annual LNA / budgeting process
Prepare for Training:
- Coordinate the logistics of the required training and ensure relevant presenters and candidates are present and available
- Request Purchase Order requests from the NOCC L&D Services team for external training as per the signed off LNA
- Obtain approval from Zone L&D Specialist for costs not included in the LNA.
- Implement the learning process
Effective use of SOP’s:
- Implement the 8 step SOP process. (Execution of the SOP’s are relevant and effective, use the as training aid),
- Track and check whether employees are people being trained against SOP, identify gaps in SOP and ensure Line Manager updates the SOP document)
- Draw on the expertise of SME’s to run learning programmes
- Ensure all training completed is captured in Training bucket and registers are completed
- Ensure all training registers and events are recorded via NOCC L&D Services
- Adapt training programme to meet the needs of the team / plant / audience i.e. run 2 day programme over a two week period with short intervals
- Conducts a quality assurance of Visual Boards by engaging with Line Managers / HOD’s
Evaluate the effectiveness of training and develop ROI report
- Complete the Level 1 evaluations for formal classroom training, analyse the results and develop actions that will improve training effectiveness
Monitor and Support SKAP:
- Assist Line Manager to develop annual SKAP plan for teams
- Monitor weekly / monthly adherence to plan
- Support Line Manager to schedule formative and summative assessments
- Identify SME Assessors and ensure an adequate pool of assessors in the plant
- Administration of CAP Management system by ensuring information is accurate (Line Manager captures the assessment result, TC quality assures)
Identify Training Solutions for future pipeline:
- Trainees: Conduct monthly check in with trainee to identify opportunities for trainee to attend training as per the planned training bucket. (Line Manager responsible to report on progress, driving the trainee programme progress)
- Apprentices: Ensure Apprentice training solutions are included in the training bucket, identify opportunities for apprentice to attend training as per the planned training bucket
- Learnerships: Coordinate of the Learnership Programme
- Department coordination of any ABInBev training requirements (i.e.VPO etc)
- Ensure the relevant KPI’s are reported against weekly and monthly routines
- Communicate and share with relevant stakeholders on site
- B.Sc / HND in Engineering or related discipline
- 3-5 Years’ experience in a packaging environment
- Knowledge of performance management, L&D and SKAP practices including the evaluation of training
- Deep technical knowledge
- Knowledge of VPO principles
- Proven training and facilitation skills
- Proactive, independent and high initiative
- Attention to detail
- Methodical record keeper
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Good communicator
Key competencies and attributes
- Positive attitude with high energy levels.
- Self motivated with strong self management bias
- Team player with ability to influence and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work under pressure, yet maintaining high attention to detail
- Ability to operate independently, demonstrate initiative, sound judgment, sensitivity and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Good business acumen with a professional approach
- Good interpersonal skills
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
Application Closing Date
The post Training Controller – Packaging at International Breweries Plc appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.